Tuesday 5 June 2012

Diamond Jubilee


Hope you have all enjoyed the Jubilee Celebrations!  A quick peek at your Jubilee Tags has revealed some amazing creativity; can’t wait to go back for a closer look.  A big Thank You for all your lovely comments on my tags, they are precious.

 My first tag this week is a Union flag made from ribbons and scraps of embroidered fabric, all stuck to a manila tag. There is a red ribbon tie and some ‘crown jewels’ bling.


I made my Union Jack as I watched the Diamond Jubilee Pageant on the Thames on TV on Sunday.  To remember the occasion, I have put a newspaper clipping of the Royal Barge on the back of the tag along with some bunting and crowns.

To ring the changes from Red, White and Blue my second tag is pink.  I used a copy of the card that Throop WI in Bournemouth sent to Her Majesty to congratulate her on her Jubilee.  I did the calligraphy; another member, Judy, did the thread work and embellishments.  I added some more bling and a pink ribbon to finish.

Have a great week
love Jane xx

13 comments:

  1. What lovely tags. I love the way yo added a memento picture to the back and the union jack is all handmade. Nice bit of bling too :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous selection of tags...I can't pick a fav as all so Perfect... Love them!! May x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tags, the crown bling is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 great tags the double sided one is lovely I like the crown bling very much, and how nice that you captured a copy of the WIs card as a keepsake :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely tags, a wonderful bling crown!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely tags - I really like the handmade Union Flag with the sparkly crown - very patriotic and regal!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both tags are gorgeous. Love the calligraphy and thread work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely two sided tag - a great idea! Love the crown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tags. The parade on Sunday was just great, too! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tags, Jane. You must have felt so patriotic as you made your Union Jack one whilst watching the flotilla. Now you have your own mementos of the special day.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jane - fabulous tags. If you don't mind I might add an image from the Jubilee celebrations to the back of my tag (great idea). Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Feel free Helen! The weekend papers & mags are full of lovely images, I might re-do mine too, Jane x

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/