Wednesday 4 July 2012

Seaside

Happy holidays everyone! Happy 4th July to all those on the other side of the ocean!
For my first tag I was inspired by words that evoke the unspoilt seaside.  These words were written on some blue and gold swirly fabric with white acrylic using my tiny flat paintbrush and a dip pen.  On the bottom of the tag I have tried to get the effect of surf on the shore with some silver and blue ric-rac,  needle-felted in place with some curly silk throwsters .  There is more needle-felted surf at the top.  
On the other side,  I have covered the tag with strips of frayed organza in blue and green.  On the bottom is more needle-felted silk and a few sea shells.  The tag is finished with a swirly, glittery organza ribbon.
For my other tag I made some seaside inchies with shells and some sparkly charms. The one on the bottom right might be a parasol, but with the current weather here in Bournemouth, an umbrella is more appropriate! and its far too cold for ice-cream!
I think looking at all your tags over the next few days is the nearest I'm getting to the beach this week!
Bye for now
Jane xx

15 comments:

  1. Two lovely tags Jane :) I think the effect with the organza overlays is lovely I thought it was a painting at first and your needle felted surf with the silk throwsters is very effective, back is lovely too. Arn't inchies great I love them, they are fun to sit and embellish and I never tire of seeing what others do with them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just beautiful. The first so very feminine and genteel and the second, to me, is just amazing. It's incredible to make pieces of art in one inch squares, as awesome as our friend above, Yvonne's inches too! I sometimes struggle to make things small enough for ATC size, which is gigantic compared to Inches, haha. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your tags, lovely textures and materials. Have just brought a book on inchies, I'm sure I will struggle to make things so small! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous tags! Love them both, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tags Jane - my favourite is the inches - what a great way to display tiny treasures found on the beach - would look great framed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas on both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youve put a lot of work into your tags and they look fantastic.
    Lynn and the Doodly Birds

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely tags.Love the inchies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your tags - the inchies are so cute and such a lovely way to display tiny little treasures. Lovely layers and textures on the first tag, and your calligraphy is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The weather along the coast here in Brighton isn't any better! More time to spend on Tags as it's too wet outside! These are both gorgeous, I love the double sided one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely tags - super inchies - haven't used those in a while, must have a go! Carolyn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your calligraphy and your inchies. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These tags are GORgeous! I especially love the one with the frayed organza.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two amazing tags Jane...I especially love the effect you have attained from the strips of frayed organza ...looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Both these tags are inspiring - I love your needle felted textile art and the inchies are just such a great way to use the shells.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/