Tuesday 10 September 2013

Mother and Child

Bonjour!

I hope you are all well and having a good week.   I am just recovering from a very nasty shock!!  I decided to have a swim last Friday about 5pm and had done about three lengths when I realised that a viper was swimming along with me!!  I have never got out of a pool so fast in my life - I didn't even realise I was still able to climb out without the aid of any steps!  My legs were like jelly for about two hours.  Oh the joys of living in rural France!

My tag came together very quickly this time.  I found the image on the internet and picked out the pinky tones to embellish it.  I covered my tag in a sheet from the Victorian Classics by Paper Cellar.  I then embellished it using a MOP button tied with embroidery thread, lace trim from my stash and seam binding dyed with Victorian Velvet and Milled Lavender Distress Inks.  I coloured the Sizzix flourish with the same inks.

Thank you all for your lovely comments last week.  I'll be back soon to see what everyone has done this week.

A bientot.

Carolyn xx

12 comments:

  1. Lovely tag! Not so lovely pool story! Eek!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, but I wouldn't fancy swimming with a viper! Poor you! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely vintage tag - my first idea (in my head looked a little like this!).
    What a horrible experience - you poor thing!
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shock for you in the pool

    Beautiful tag with terrific image and lace

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow -- are your legs still shaking! How good to know you can still move so fast! Your tag is sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tag Carolyn and a very scary story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful! Not so the viper tho'. Yikes! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Victorian feel of your tag. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag, beautiful image. Please take care when bathing! OOHH! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tag, horrible viper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I swim every day in our pool,now I'm scared-eeks. I always check My pool out for creepies first but worry whats in the baskets for leaves ect.I love the flourish on Your tag :)

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/