Tuesday 18 April 2017

Heritage

Hi Everybody!

It was great to see so many joining in with our last challenge,
and hope to see lots of you again this time round.
Last time Joan offered a prize, and she put all the names into a box
and drew the #9 - Mimi. Congratulations,
please contact me at bastelmania(at)gmx.net
so we can get the prize to you.

Our host this week is  our lovely and very talented Wilma of
 Here she is to tell you all about the new theme:

"Hello to all tag artists . My name is Wilma, one of the Tag Tuesday “oldies” and it’s great so many of you have decided to join us in the new fortnightly challenges. I have chosen the theme “Heritage” because today, 18th April is World Heritage Day.  This special day has been declared to draw attention to cultural heritage, its conservation and protection and its vulnerability.  The day is also known as “International Monuments and Sites Day. I hope you will explore some of your own cultural heritage, celebrate with an art tag and join in. I have prepared a couple of very simple tags based on the world heritage site of Angkor Wat in Cambodia.  This site had a profoundly spiritual effect on me ...


The first tag celebrates the wonderful carved figures of temple dancers. I used one of my photos and tore a section of it and edged it with olive green Stazon ink . The background is waxed and painted lunch paper which I hope gives the impression of age. Then some bronze like embellishments... 


The second tag is an even simpler one. The background is a manipulated photo of part of Angkor Wat - I used an application called “Line Drawing” in the online editing program, Ribbet. I had planned to do a drawing myself from my photo, but this program did it much better with the touch of a computer key! Then I cut out some strips from a design magazine page  and simply pasted those over the top of the background. I tried (not so successfully) to highlight one of the carved figures in gold Lumiere paint.



These two tags use the definition of  ‘property” passed on from previous generations, but there are of course other ways to approach this theme. 


Tag  3 which I made sometime ago interprets heritage in a personal way. Yes, that is a photo of me, covered with tea bag paper, and  a photo copied part of my birth certificate with embellishments.   I am looking forward to seeing how you interpret 'Heritage'.  "

As always, you have 2 weeks to join us, and tags of all formats
are welcome.

Have fun and be creative!

Valerie



8 comments:

  1. What wonderful tags!! Love your baby photo tag - just adorable! This subject really made me think and do some research also - working on my tags now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. marvelous tags Wilma and a very intriguing theme, thank you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Admiration to your beautiful world.

    I wish You all the best.
    Greeting and hug.

    From Japan, ruma ❃

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful tags Wilma and a terrific theme to have pn this special day

    Love Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great theme and you gave us some fantastic examples for inspiration,
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These tags were amazing. I loved your baby picture over your birth certificate. Awesome idea. Your relatives would love that.

    Hugs, Val.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me add everyone's tags look great.
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the positive comments - I haven't had a spare moment this tie around to comment on everyone's, but be assured that I visited your links and thank each of you for your fantastic contributions and responses to this theme.

    ReplyDelete


Great to have you here, thanks for commenting and hope to see you again soon! Please be aware that by linking to us you voluntarily enter your own name and link. To view the privacy policy of Mr Linky, please visit here. http://www.misterlinky.net/blog/